Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Misinterpretation or what?


I have been talking and emailing Hervè, He tells me that the electric ducts were not installed because I said I wanted to do the electrical installation all my self. Hmmmm... I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but having a hard time. Hervè says it is the work of an electrician to install the tubes and all the box outs for sockets and switches in the concrete walls.

I told Hervè in June that I wanted the concrete guys to take special care with the electricity cable ducts when they where concreting, as Rob had had enormous problems threading his cables through blocked tubes. and it was only on the 27th September that I said anything that could be really misinterpreted as "I will do ALL the electricians stuff myself".
Hervè sent me outrageous quote from the electrician and I replied I would do it myself. BUT this is after they had built the ground floor walls. See the first photo. So they had already decided not to include the cable ducts!

God it is going to awful.
Can you imagine chasing out all the cable runs up through the concrete and digging holes in the walls for each of the switches and plugs. God it will be a real balls up, horrible work, dusty and dirty as hell.
I have to at least get the box outs installed and might as well get the tubes as well.
But what to do about the existing walls?

As for the drainage and the doorway, Hervè is going to check today and get back to me as to what happened.

No comments: