Friday, December 01, 2006

Time to Pay the Ferryman (partly)



I have been in touch with Hervè to arrange a meeting. It got moved from late November to early December due to family emergencies. I have a meeting set for 6th December with Hervè on site. Another reason for postponing the trip or only doing the trip once is that Rob is meeting a tame electrician to give his wiring the once over. Sounded like a useful contact and I haven't seen Rob for a while so we are taking this opportunity to meet up.

Matt has left the building. He has some appointments in the UK and my "spy on site" has had to leave. I wonder how much work he got done for Rob? It would have been good to meet up again before he left but no matter. On the plus side it means I may receive his photo diary of the construction. He took many photos on his cell phone (not certain of the quality but should be OK for the web) but could not send them as his phone never got a strong enough signal for long enough. I have never had a problem with signal strength out there so I don't know what sort of dodgy phone he owns. So dodgy in fact there was no other interface to get at the photos. You would have thought that in these days there would be another way of getting at this content. Blue tooth or infra-red or even USB, maybe its actually designed that way to ensure you have to send any photos you do take by MMS that way the phone companies make more money.

Where was I, ah yes talked to Hervè. He has sent me 2 new invoices/bills. What he does is take the bill from the concrete guys and put his own header page on top which gives me a clue as to how much to pay. For some reason Hervè has sent me the wrong header page, Mr Wilson and Mrs Wright apparently owe my concrete guy (BERGOEND S.A.S) quite a lot of money (as do I). Fine no problem I can this sorted, but it is just kind of careless to send two invoices both with the wrong headers.
He sent another today, this time for the woodwork. 53000 Euro's.
Lot of money.
Too late now.

It is interesting to try and work out the state of the building from the invoices. It shouldn't have any windows or balconies. It shouldn't have a chimney. No door/s. No tiles on the roof.
Pretty basic really. I am concerned to leave it like that over the winter. I wonder what Hervè will say? ("no problem, don't worry, it will be fine.")

Anyway looking forward to seeing it and meeting up with Rob on the 6th.

No comments: