Monday, August 17, 2009

Floored by the tax bill


Saturday and I went to buy the floor, the laminate flooring that will finish the salon, dining and bedrooms. Overall I need 100 square meters of this stuff which turns out to be 42 packs! So I am in Ikea (yes I know ikea but they sell some good flooring that is pretty cheap) and I need another double bed so I buy that then down to the ground floor to get the flooring, 42 packs is never going to fit in my car with food shopping and the bed and then I notice the carts have a 130 kg limit on them. Each pack weighs 14kg so 10 packs will put me over and ten packs is about all I am going to be able to push and fit in the car. Right 10 packs it is I will have to come back for the rest in a couple of more trips. Well I loaded up the car and it was full so I am glad I did not push it. Anyway I got home and there was a letter waiting. Unfortunately the episode in the mayors office last time has started something unpleasent. It means the French tax people have figured out where I live! So now I get a letter demanding payment or they will stop my bank account and freeze my assets the whole none yards - this is the first I have heard of this bill - presumably someone is Swindon has been getting wierd letters from France demading money for a while now! Any way I will have to pay this or bad things will happen. I will try to talk to them on Monday and prevent them stopping my bank or anything silly so I can see them next Saturday to sort it out.

No comments: