Monday, February 16, 2009

Underfloor embarrassment


I have recently ordered the underfloor heating from an English company. Put the purchase on my French debit card and made sure the money was in the account. Great.

Heard back from Rayotec last week, The delivery is on its way but your card was refused. Oh no not again more trouble ! OK shot off an email to the bank, turns out there is a 1200 Euro limit on the card (that can not be changed) my heating was 1522.75 GBP !

So now, a little embarrassed I have to work out how to pay Rayotec there money. They are very nice about it and have even dispatched the 2 boxes to me here in Switzerland, but still its a bit embarrassing.

This is not the first time either. It seems like when ever I try to buy something slightly out of the ordinary something weird happens to mess it up. God knows what will happen when I want to buy my kitchen !

No comments: