Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Planning a visit


I am going to Morzine on Friday and I hope to seal up the garage doors. Hopefully I can put a door in as well because without the keys to the front door I will not be able to get in!

This trip is also a recon. mission to determine just what has been done and what hasn't. Hervè tells me the electricity is in, but quite what this means I don't know. I hope it means the consumer unit is wired up to get power rather than the earth spike has been put in. That and the water, Hervè doesn't seem to know quite what is going on as regards the water supply but he has said he will find out.
Apparently Leon (the next door neighbour) has started to connect his sewerage up to the mains that stopped down the road a bit. This means we might be able to piggy back his pipe and have a real connection soon!

My plan is to go out this weekend and block up the garage doors, this will make the place relatively secure and I can leave stuff in there. As it is at the moment anything in the garage is in plain sight from the road, so not ideal. Once the garage doors are sealed I can move my stuff out of Robs garage and into my own. I plan on going down for a whole week in August and Rob has guests in his chalet so my usual ploy of running an extension lead from his garage into my chalet wont be too popular. Also raiding his tools might arouse suspicion! So this weekend I will move what ever I need out of Robs garage and into mine.

No comments: